Monday, February 14, 2011

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Savannah had her MRI on Friday afternoon. Everything went smoothly and she is back at school today. While trying to schedule our follow-up appointment to get the results, the doctor actually told us a couple of things. The good news is that there has been no change since her last scan in 2008. The bad news is I have a name for what she has and I'm just not liking the sound of it: global cerebral atrophy. From what I can gather from my google searches, it basically means her entire brain has shrunk. Other than that, I am not sure what it means.

We have now received our referral to a neurologist to discuss exactly what this means for Savannah and her prognosis. Unfortunately, the first available appointment is not until March 21. Until then, I just get to think about it.

I'm emotional about this today and I can't pinpoint why. The pregnancy hormones are not helping either. I just want my baby to be okay.

If you have healthy children, please take a moment to first of all thank God. Then, hug them tight and love them like crazy!!! It can all be taken away in a split second.

4 comments:

The Crooked Sticks said...

Love you Jojo! I'm praying for you...

Angela Rascoe said...

Praying for God to give you peace. You are such an awesome Mommy and I know how upset you are over this new information. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths". Lot's of love coming your way.

Unknown said...

Our sweet girl has purpose and destiny!!! I am praying that whatever this thing is, it will not prevent God from the getting glory out of her life!!! That is your baby girl, you go ahead and be emotional!!! The tears will wash all the fear away!!! Love you, Kathy

Janet said...

Praying for you to find out the answers you need. Savannah is a miracle and even among the tests and diagnosis, she is a gift and God has a purpose for her.love ya