Today has been a trying day for me. First of all, Jon is out of town all week. We do not like it when daddy is not here! Secondly, I am sick. I have been stuffy, coughy, congested, and dizzy since Saturday. As you can imagine, this does not mix well with 2.5 children. I have had a few not-so-proud mommy moments already and it's only Tuesday.
So, I decided to take a long hot bath tonight to relax. As I was in the tub, I could feel the little one moving around. Then, I could see my tummy move with her kicks! Oh, how awesome that is!! I was reminded how blessed I am to have the wonderful husband and little girls that I have. I was imagining how great it is going to be to welcome this new little girl into our family. I long to hold her tight and have her lay on my chest and sleep. It's the BEST feeling in the world! Only about 10-12 more weeks and I will be able to do just that.
Another great thing is hearing Morgan say, "I lub you, mommy!" I especially love it when it is unsolicited. She is the sweetest little thing - most of the time! :) She is so friendly and personable. She loves to be the center of attention. When we go shopping she always talks to the clerks and says, "bye-bye, see you later, have a good day!" when we leave. She is cute and she knows it!
Savannah continues to amaze me every day. She waves bye-bye to sissy every morning when I drop her off at school. She will sometimes wave to me too. I love seeing her excitement when I pick her up from school. She is so happy to see me and she smiles and touches my face or wraps her arms around my neck. Even though she can't verbalize it, I know she loves me!! She also got up on her hands and knees the other night at home and crawled a couple of steps...that is HUGE for her!
Jon is a WONDERFUL husband! He really does a great job of taking care of us and providing for us. He helps me A LOT around the house. He loves Savannah and Morgan to pieces and they love playing with him when he gets home from work. I am very blessed to have someone that loves me as much as he does. I know I can't be easy to live with, especially now with all the hormones raging.
Thank you, Lord, for these wonderful blessings. They truly are miracles!
1 comment:
We all have mommy moments we're not proud of so don't beat yourself up over that. You are a wonderful person Joanna and your family is blessed to have you as well :) I can't wait to meet your new little bundle too...I'm sure she will be just as sweet as Savannah and Morgan! Hope you get to feeling better soon...we'd love to have you over to play sometime if you're up to it! Love u! xo, Hana
Post a Comment