The very next day I saw a post on facebook from Family Support Network about a respite cottage in Monroe called "Cherith Cottage." They offer free lodging and meals to families with special needs children or caregivers of adults. I couldn't believe it. I asked Jon to call to see when we could get on their schedule. Turns out they were open for this past weekend. Mimi (my mom) agreed to come and watch the girls so we could go.
So, we left on Saturday for two days of rest and relaxation. We didn't know what to do at first. It was so serene and quiet. Jon and Paula (the owners) are a Godsend. They take care of you. They provide you with a home-cooked breakfast and dinner every day, plus snacks and drinks. They are so warm, friendly, and welcoming. They do this just because they want to. They understand how caregivers need time away to relax and recharge their batteries.
Thank you so much Jon and Paula!! We so enjoyed our time away. We only wish we could repay you in some way. We know you will receive your rewards in heaven one day.
Here is a picture of the front of the cottage:
One of our delicious meals:
3 comments:
Glad you had a chance to get away and recharge! I'm sure it was wonderful!
So glad you got to get away and enjoy one another. What a blessing.
Wow! They are so inspiring! I'm glad you got to get away and relax...you definitely deserve it!!
Post a Comment