What a wonderful Mother's Day weekend I had. Yes, I said weekend. We like to stretch out celebrations around here. :) It started on Friday with a delicious and fun mexican fiesta dinner with my supper club. Several of my dear friends and I get together once a month for dinner, fun, and girl talk. It was the perfect way to start the weekend! We were missing one of our key players, but hopefully we'll all be back together for next month. I am blessed to have such sweet sister friends.
On Saturday morning, we went out to breakfast with grandma (Jon's mom). It was nice to sit and have a nice breakfast with her at our favorite pancake place - Tex and Shirley's. The girls enjoyed their time with her and Emmelyn got her birthday gift a little early...a cute UNC cheerleader uniform. Way to go, grandma!
After breakfast, we went shopping at Target and then braved the Farmer's Market. IT WAS PACKED!! Apparently, there was a chili cookoff going on that we didn't know about. We enjoyed strawberries, goat cheese, wine (just daddy and me), tomatoes, fried oreos, hawaiian ice, and kettle corn. After that, we were done! Then we went home for some relaxation.
On Sunday morning, we went to church for the worship service. After that, we went out for brunch with mimi (my mom) at the Moose Cafe...yes, MORE pancakes! Daddy took the girls home and my mom and I walked around a little at the Farmer's Market. Of course, on the way home we had to stop at our favorite place (Starbucks) for a frappuccino.
We then enjoyed some down time at home. It was a fun, relaxing weekend. I really think Mother's Day should be more than once a year!! I am so blessed to be a mommy to three beautiful, sweet girls. I am also thankful for my mom and mother-in-law and so glad we got to spend time with both of them this weekend. Daddy did a great job helping the girls celebrate me and I love him so much for that.

No comments:
Post a Comment