Monday, August 29, 2011

One More Thing

But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

You know *that* feeling...the one where you know something is wrong and you have to do something about it. I got that feeling last week. I saw Morgan's left eye turning in just a bit too much when it should have been looking straight. So I began watching her more closely. Waiting to see something, hoping it was nothing - just my imagination. You see, I tend to be a bit overprotective of my children. That's what they tell me, anyway.

Over the past week, I've watched as her eye continued to wander...and squint. Okay, time to call the eye doctor. Savannah has one (of course), so I called him. The first available appointment was mid-September, so I took it. Then I got that nagging feeling again. I called another doctor. At first, his first available was October but then they found an appointment for today. I snatched it up. I arrived to the office only to hear KLOVE playing loudly in the waiting room. That HAS to be a good sign, I thought.

I looked forward to today with mixed emotions - ready to find out she was okay, but also dread. Morgan has never been to see any kind of specialist, only regular check-ups with her pediatrician. It was interesting, to say the least. She actually did a lot better than I expected, but it still wasn't pleasant.

Then I heard what I didn't want to hear...extremely far-sighted...weaker left eye...accommodative esotropia...strabismic amblyopia. She needs glasses. The child who lives to destroy everything she gets her hands on needs glasses. FANTASTIC!

This doesn't happen to Morgan. Savannah is the one has all the issues and specialists to go along with them. I started to feel panic. And sadness. After all, we want our kids to be perfect, right?

I know, I know. It could be MUCH WORSE. It can always be much worse. Then I start to feel guilty. At least she can see. Who am I to be sad about this? It's just one. more. thing. One more thing for our already hectic days with three girls.

I'm trying to look on the "bright side." Yes, she will be extremely cute in her new glasses. She will be able to see much better. She is still here with me to love, nurture, and teach.

Please God, help me to be thankful in all things.

No comments: